You may have been thinking about having LASIK surgery for a while now. As the seasons change, is it time to take the leap? Here are a few questions to ask yourself to decide if this spring is the right time to give yourself the gift of better vision.
Do I meet the criteria?
You will need to meet with an laser coordinator to be sure you’re eligible for LASIK.
Can I follow the recovery instructions?
At Eye LASIK Midland we recommend 4 days off of work/driving for LASIK. Depth perception is off during that time making driving unsafe. But despite the fact that you will probably have an easy, uncomplicated recovery, there are a few things to be careful about.
- You’ll have to take a break from certain sports, such as swimming. Your surgeon will let you know what to avoid and for how long.
- No eye makeup for a week.
- You’ll probably be able to drive within 4-5 days.
- You can return to work, but avoid dusty, windy conditions or strenuous activity.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- It’s important to go to follow up appointments to be sure you’re healing well and to address any issues you may have, such as dry eyes.
Am I ready?
You’re the only one who can be sure if you’re ready to take the step of LASIK surgery. Here are a few things to consider.
- If you’re concerned about what LASIK surgery will be like, write down a list of questions for your surgeon, or take a look at these answers to some common worries.
- Come up with a plan for how you will pay for the surgery. Here are some suggestions to consider.
- Ask yourself what life will be like with no glasses or contacts.
If you’re ready for a new outlook on life this spring, please contact us
at Eye LASIK Midland for a free consultation.